-Gila Region Community News, Calendar, Forum-

Reader Supported Silver City News & SW New Mexico, Grant County NM, Gila NF
* Login   * Register

* FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 7 hours

News     Columns     Food: Growing, Fixing     Features     Water     Health     Business     Education     DIY & How-tos     Classifieds     Forum     Home 

Silver City Food Coop

We Are Reader Supported
Your recurring contribution goes to support the Forum, Calendar, and Email List, which exists to further local, sustainable, place-based community.
MONTHLY RECURRING GIFT
    Bill Me Now For: $

ONE-TIME GIFT
Bill Me Now For: $

You may also mail a check or cash to
Moses Clark
PO Box 1792
Silver City, N.M. 88062

Get your ad here

Author ------ Message
 Author: rearnheart
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:10 pm 
By now, the lines are drawn between those who see Donald Trump as just ‘more of the same’ and those who think there is something seriously wrong with the present political reality.

At this point, cynicism is a paper sword offering a false sense of security; and philosophy presents a gauzy over view of what shoulda/coulda/woulda been, giving it and ‘out’ for dealing with ‘what is’. That we all should be self- reliant is an illusion; the truth, whether we like it or not, is that we are all in this together.

Now, on a daily basis, we are seeing the real character of the President elect; two adolescent sociopaths, Trump and Kim Jong il, tweet schoolyard insults at one another; insults that could easily become nuclear weapons.

This is for real. It happened two days ago. It is not something to hide from.

This is only one event that has happened in these last few days. I could list many more, but there is no reason to. People believe what they choose to believe by now. I am not capable of, nor do I wish to, influence anyone’s choice of realities.

But I will say this…history is the book of record. Things have happened in our past that changed everything; Caesar crossed the Rubicon and took Rome from a Republic to an Empire; the map of the world changed dramatically. Franz Ferdinand was shot in the neck and months later, Europe was at war with itself. Events happen; everything can change with few words or a disrespectful glance. Everything. Most of the time you don’t see that change coming. This time you do; it is telegraphed every day from a vindictive man who needs power to stay alive, and he will do anything or say anything to get that power, and keep it for himself.

I do not consider myself prescient. I do not think that I have an all seeing eye or a crystal ball. But I, like most everyone else, can see a basketball headed for my face.

Ladies and gentleman, meet the basketball: Donald J. Trump

R.earnheart

Author: bdlb
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:19 am 
Watched part of Charlie Rose interview w/ Ian Bremmer yesterday. Bremmer's no dummy -- said that if DJT is simply incompetent or corrupt, the system will/can respond appropriately. But if his attitude is authoritarian, we're in big trouble. I agree that we really need to be watchful for that tendency. It's already on display -- especially regarding the intelligence disdain. Whether it's drip drip or smashed face, we're in for big trouble. Happy new year, indeed....

Author: almilligan
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:20 am 
"only thing we have to fear is fear itself" FDR

If you want to oppose Trump's actions when he actually makes some do it, but don't tell me I should be afraid of the future.

Author: JE1947
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:59 pm 
The image of a basketball coming my way across the court, fired at me I suppose,by some action of Trump, is interesting.The blather coming from Trump, as he send out cluster storms of characters via Twitter seems to be the way the man will communicate to "US" as he becomes our Fuhrer.
I do not see how a malignant narcissist, sociopathic, serial sexual predator can change at 70 years old. He is, therefore, the train wreck he is. And, yes, vindictive. Tyrannical. Certainly a vicious man. Vicious. Long forgotten in the absolute star shower of actions that have fallen upon us in the last year, were the very nasty threats to take action against the 10, 11 women who charged him with groping.

They were buried under what we know was a deluge of b.s. sent our way by Russian GRU and FSB "cut out" agents designed to damage the DNC, and Hillary Clinton in particular. In spite of that storm of crap the Russians fired at US, by the way, we Americans, 70,000,000 of us voted for someone other than Trump. I really do not count the 100,000,000 for much of anything. If you are one, have the courage, when an issue comes up that fries your shorts, to let us know that. We can assess some weight to whatever your complaint it. Frankly, since I could first vote, I've told more than a few such people: you need to keep your mouth shut. You gave up one of our most precious rights for ...????

The issue of Trump "draining the swamp" appears real. He will supposedly send 6 cabinet officers up to the Senate on one day. Try to keep the Dems tied down. My guess is that there are ways senate masters can figure that out.

The list is ominous. So many were picked because they despise, oppose, want to "reign in excesses" of the agencies they're designed to run. I have never seen such a run of the boards.

The issue of Resistance comes up. The French TV Series, "A French Village,: is 5 Stars on Mhz cable. It is an excellent depiction in five seasons of Vichy France during German occupation. In the beginning,a number of french felt Fascism was a viable form of government. Vichy France was the Nazi way of allowing French fascists to try out running their own facsist government. It worked for awhile, but early resistance and the French view of handing their Jews caught Hitler's attention and he rescinded their rights of self government. from then on, a form of resistance inside the Vichy Zone developed and became combined ultimately with the great resistance from and by all variety of French men and women.

Whether we come to that,time will tell.

I for one will never refer to Trump as President Trump. He is more a buffoon. A groper in chief. A jerk. A bully. but not President.

People don't like that, tough.

During the Vietnam War, I went through many changes. I went in the Army, volunteered for Korea, in the infantry, to be nearer Vietnam. I couldn't go directly to Vietnam in 1965, so spent the winter, spring and summer in Korea. I liked Korea. I like Asia. I thought the women were beautiful and intriguing. I volunteered for Vietnam. In korea I was an assistant recoilless rifle gunner until summer, 1966, when vacancies put me in line to be an assistant machine gunner. I didn't really have a chance to become proficient on the M-60 because I went to Vietnam. From August 1966 to November, 1966, I fought in Vietnam. Many close calls:Then 3 Nov one guy shot me and two tried to kill me.Right arm nearly shot off. Damaged some thought, forever. By the end of the summer, 1967, all that time in hospitals, and finally, life was returning to my right arm.

In the hospital, and on convalescent leave much, I encountered the anti war movement. I found myself, by mid spring, 1967, against the war based on my own personal observations, recollections, deep thinking. In July, 1967, I wrote a letter to my home town paper indicating that I felt we were going to lose the war and should leave. There was already, within society at large, and certainly, within the military, a known presence of counter intelligence trolls who had their ears and eyes open for resistance to the war from active duty members. I felt, based on the vibes several guys put out at the hospital, that they were either CID (Criminal Investigation Division) or informants for CID. At any rate, I knew my time in the hospital was nearing an end. I hadn't yet come down with malaria. The was coming.

When I returned to the hospital, I went to a meeting where we wounded guys did a dog and pony show, going through motions, literally, displaying what we could do with damaged limbs. The hospital had many single, double, triple amputees, but also men like me who had been put back together. We knew we'd be reassigned somewhere, hopefully in my case, not back to the Infantry. People were still being sent to Vietnam from combat units that hadn't gone to war yet.

At that meeting, I was hung over and so it came as a surprise that the hospital commander said to me: "I hear you like to write letters to your home town newspaper? "Huuh" "Yes," he raised his voice so that everyone on the back porch (twenty people) heard him say: "Yes, Spec 4 Eagan is against the War. He thinks we should get out. We're going to lose!!" Hubub. Some nasty remarks. At that point, he said, "You know soldier, I wish I could send you back to an infantry unit that was getting ready to rotate to 'Nam. But I know I can't." He was disgusted with me.

"But, I can see to it that you are out of here by Friday (I was a Monday). First Sergeant, I want this son of a bitch's ass out of here by Friday, on his way to a new duty station. Is that clear?" "Absolutely. And, so I was. Ft. Knox. Supply. Basic training. Like putting a fox in a hen house. And malaria came on and took me for thirty + days, narrowing the time I had left in the Army. I nearly got an article 15 for the letter (not allowed if you're an active duty personnel). And other things. But, I had felt the breath of the Nixon Repression CIA and FBI counter intelligence operations against dissenters of the war.

So, if things devolve as I expect under Trump, but more so, his lame as GOP sycophants, incipient fascists, ambitious gamers, and all around nasties who've been waiting to run millions of Mexicans out of the country; segregate and identify American Muslims; blast the advances of the Gay & Lesbian community; cut Obama care; raise the tax benefits for the wealthiest who don't need it; perhaps get us into a new war with N. Korea or someone else; make some kind of Faustian deal with Putin, watch "A French Village" as a training film for how a resistance works. There is no need to do any violence. Many benign ways to throw metal shavings into the gears.

But, don't be surprised if there are people lurky, paying closer attention than you might think, to what you say or write. They will not all be obvious. We had infiltrators (I BELIEVE) in the Grant County Peace Coalition during Iraq War. Just my "sense of what was just a bit 'off' with a few people who came and went. One, always curious how they turned up out of the blue after an event I attended. Wanted to know more. Curious. In Four years, those who want a lot of us to "suffer" in some way for being liberal minded, open minded, oppositionist to all the slicing & dicing of the American political system that mostly Democrats have put together, that in essence, is concerned about "what you do for the least among you," or "you are your brother's keeper ..." don't be surprised at what can happen.

With a very vindictive man at the top, I doubt none of that won't trickle down. It will be a form of political repression. There will be plenty who will say: not here. Well, they didn't stand out during the civil Rights Movement; or the anti-war movement of Vietnam, or Iraq; or nuclear testing;
or the Black Lives Matter movement of today. They would scorn all of those forms of opposition. But they may find that this is fun. Seeing people they think are just too liberal for their own good; definitely, don't want Mexicans here undocumented; need to go back; a wall is needed; Muslims are all suspect (even American black Muslims). You see, if you watch "A French Village," you will note that not everyone got into it because they were out front fascists. They just held a grudge against you. Hope'd your business would fail. Or, watched to see if you sheltered any resistance fighters or Jews. In the end, Vichy France was not a pretty part of French history.

I hope we don't go there,but the anger I feel that was to blow, feels like we may see "watch lists" develop. Orwellian? Perhaps. But American history has been there more than once. And not so long ago.

Author: alan wagman
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:58 pm 
In response to the claim that Trump has not done anything yet: He began his campaign calling Mexican immigrants rapists. He continued his campaign by encouraging his supporters to beat up protesters and promised to pay his supporters' legal bills. He has made a white supremacist enabler one of his key advisers. He is carrying on a sycophantic love affair with Vladimir Putin. He refused to disavow support from David Duke until he had sent a message that he really didn't disavow it. He has called for a Muslim registry. He has appealed to the worst instincts in the American character. He has designated an open racist to be Attorney General. He has designated an enemy of public schools to be Secretary of Education. He has designated a proponent of waterboarding and other forms of torture to head the CIA. He has designated someone who wants to abolish the Energy Department to be Secretary of Energy. He has pushed the outrageous and racist birther lie for years, claiming to have evidence that he never revealed. He has declared that every African-American in this country is an impoverished, poorly-educated, and unemployed inner-city resident with nothing to lose (but only when talking to white audiences).

He has done enough to scare me.

But there are areas in which he has not done anything yet: He can avoid instantly becoming by far the most corrupt president we have ever had by selling off his business and all his holdings and putting the proceeds in a blind trust. I'll grant you that on this point, he hasn't done anything yet. He has two weeks.

AW

Author: JE1947
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:16 am 
These and many more.
The comments about women have just disappeared.
No one seems to care.

The march on 21 January, by thousands of women in protest, will hopefully show that some women had enough. Whether he relegates women to some form of lesser person in his time, remains to be seen.

There are several things he has gone quiet on. January 20 portends to be a slash and burn day, when he has an agenda of canceling any number of Obama Executive Orders and writing new ones.

Washington Post indicates there are funds left from 2007 for border fence/wall, that can be used. To start or restart the wall along the Mexican border. His sharpest criticisms against multinational companies comes when the possible place for relocating jobs is Mexico. This means, I think, that China has lost part of it's allure, and becoming more wage competetive with Mexico. If work can be transferred to Mexico,why not? His insertion into the plans of various multinationals looks good, but the fine print shows there are elements of bluster and b.s. in each. None seem to bear out the #s he cites for saving jobs in the U.S.

What he does with "stop & frisk" will send a signal to minority populations: you're back at risk for THAT.

If repression of dissent starts, "stop & frisk" can be used on anyone.

Americans will have a chance to declare themselves as: opponents; supporters; collaborationists (with programs that marginalize, stigmatize, segregate, set aside, or expel groups of HUMAN BEINGS who don't necessarily deserve any of that jive.

Sitting back and taking the posture; well, we don't need to be fearful of anything but fear itself is WW II stuff. The technology of surveillance today make stuff like that seem like tiddly winks. All of our intelligence apparatus has fine qualities ... when used properly to monitor the happenings of our enemies. However, between the data mining of companies like Facebook, Twitter, the credit card companies, AND, if a green light is given by a friendly Federal District Court, on certain Americans ... well, that is possible to a degree never seen before.

The NSA in a single day,sucks down the entire traffic load of the internet. The entire traffic load of the Internet. And while we are told that it can be discarded, the same thing was said during the Nixon years. Funny thing ... lots of it didn't disappear. The key to such sophisticated systems being used for us or against is the leadership. If enough people RESIST Trump, as they should (he's a moron),then the Twitter King may find willing eyes and ears to initiate surveillance on dissenters. The more sophisticated the country, the more complete the surveillance.

Never have I seen such a vindictive personality as Trump. At the outset. Power corrupts and it corrupts absolutely.We haven't seen the effect Power may have on Trump.

Finally the failure to divest leaves me feeling powerless. I don't in any way trust his "goodness" or "sense of what is good for the country" because he has none. Just Trump. So, sometimes people have to talk the walk before they can walk the walk. knowing there are common areas of concern among the 70,000,000 of us who voted for someone other than Trump, well, that helps. it also helps to know those who felt he was a viable option.
I would pay attention to what those who supported trump say as he promulgates his most desired programs and policies.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:09 am 
After I hit send last night I realized I had left out women and Trump's glorification of sexual assault. Thanks for calling me on it, Jerry.

Trump is hardly alone as a presidential sexual abuser -- Kennedy is reported to have raped at least one woman in the White House, Lyndon Johnson may have done the same, and Bill Clinton has a sordid history, not to mention that our first several presidents were slave-owners and some of them had well-documented liaisons that were hardly relations between equals. But Trump is the first president or president-elect to actually glorify and brag about criminal sexual abuse.

The Constitution intentionally created the presidency as an officially weak office. The president can do very little unilaterally under the Constitution. The founders wanted to avoid anything resembling a king. But people need a head of state -- which is what a king is in constitutional monarchies. As such, the king sets the tone for the country and establishes what kind of society people are living in. That has become an unintended and unofficial function of the presidency in this country.

Trump has done a great deal, even before taking office, to set a tone and define this society. We don't have to wait.

AW

Author: Kevin B
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:10 am 
FYI - On its cross-country march to WDC the Earth2Trump Tour is scheduled to be at Javalena on Sunday from 4-6:30. http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/camp ... index.html

Author: samarpan
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:25 pm 
INDIVISIBLE : A PRACTICAL GUIDE FOR RESISTING THE TRUMP AGENDA ... Former congressional staffers reveal best practices for making Congress listen. ... https://www.indivisibleguide.com

"In “Indivisible,” [a free PDF download or read it online] former congressional staffers reveal best practices for making Congress, especially your congressman or senator, listen to you. For rebels with a cause—and there are now 65,844,610 of them, this pamphlet serves as a practical guide for resisting the Donald Trump agenda, that is still unofficial but will become official by this time next month.

If progressives are going to stop this, we must stand indivisibly opposed to Trump and the members of Congress who would do his bidding. May The Force be with us all. Members of Congress want their constituents to think well of them and they want good, local press. We suggest steps to help mobilize your fellow constituents locally and start organizing for action. Whether you like it or not, they are your voices in Washington. Members of Congress regularly hold public in-district events to show that they are listening to constituents. Members of Congress love cutting ribbons and kissing babies back home. Report to the world if they refuse to listen. Organize your local group to barrage your Member of Congress at an opportune moment about and on a specific issue."

======================

"NOTE TO IMMIGRANTS AND NONCITIZENS
The U.S. Constitution ensures equal representation for all individuals living in the United States, regardless of income, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, or immigration status. Noncitizens, though they may lack the right to vote in federal elections, have the right to have their voices heard by their representatives in Congress.

This guide is intended to serve as a resource to all individuals who would like to more effectively participate in the democratic process.

While we encourage noncitizens to participate to the extent that they are able, individuals should only take actions that they are comfortable taking, and should consider their particular set of circumstances before engaging in any of these activities.

Individuals are under no obligation to provide any personally identifiable information to a member of Congress or their staff. Individuals may be asked for their name and zip code, but this is only to confirm that the person is a constituent, and providing this information is strictly voluntarily. NO ONE is required to provide any additional information, such as address, social security number, or immigration status."

=====================

Dance, sing, love, meditate! Be nonviolent, be creative, and have fun... in whatever form it takes!

Author: rearnheart
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:00 pm 
OK, folks. Grab some scotch or tea or whatever.
Here's the link to the Russian Hacking report.
Don't get mad, get even.
Resist.

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

RE

Author: crow
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:58 pm 
This must be the same group that "assessed" that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction...? How'd that turn out.
The sad thing is that both sides act the same, like if you substitute USA every time you see Russia in the document; the cold war has been going on since before WW2 and it high time that the crap stops.

The one thing that Trump said that I agreed with is that we need to normalize relations with Russia but the war mongers in both parties will not have it because they need the bribes from the military/industrial complex so they cane win elections, or so they think.

Another sad thing is that people, whether neocon, liberal, or whatever feel that they need someone to blame for their own pathetic state of affairs, their personal emptiness.

The other day as I left the site of the Red Barn demolition a older nam waved me over and ask my if I was the foreman and I laught and said no, I'm just a reporter so he let me into a little secret: "You know the Chinese bought all four of these properties and they're looking to buy up a lot more of our town", referring to the Red Barn, Copper Manor, Drifter Motel and Drifter Restaurant; when I told him it wis going to be a Denny's he said "oh" and seemed crest fallen. Sheesh, people walk around with some kind of movie going on in front of their faces and can't see what's going on around them.

Author: Nancy Kaminski
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:55 am 
I am so grateful to those who have researched the pervert elect and shared their findings here. Russia's hacking is deeply disturbing. "Russia’s goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency." It worked.
Thanks to Kevin for a reminder about the WDC tour, the resistance begins locally. We also have the People's Procession in Silver City Jan 21, beginning at noon at La Capilla. The practical guide, INDIVISIBLE, is a very valuable resource, thanks sampan.
I am a person who has lived through some very tough times and close encounters with death without any fear. When this sabotaged election unfolded I found I had to deal with fear for the first time in my life. I dealt with it, recovered and now I am angry. All my years of research on human psychology was a great help. Bullies respond only to strength, period. Be prepared to be much stronger. Stand up, fight back.
I learned to be a non-violent protester in Madison, WI in the 60's. Now as an environmental activist since 1979 I find my work never ends. This time it gets much tougher! It is time for those of us who have fought these battles before to be the elders we need today. Since we will soon have no leaders, only salesmen. Our battle has never been more pressing. Our Democracy is at stake, our planet is at stake. Stand up, fight back!
We will win because we are the majority. 74,074,037 Americans voted against Trumps 62,979,879. =54% against!
Hillary 65,844,954
Gary Johnson 4,488,919
Jill Stein 1,457,044
Evan McMullin 725,902
Write-ins 1,103,554
Other 453,664

NLK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:19 am 
52% voted against Hillary Clinton, so how do you figure who's in the majority?

Author: lastnoel
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:39 am 
Read an interesting article last night that I want to introduce into this discussion (?). Thanks Crow for a little sanity on this thread, someone else who does not want to see what is left of this blue gem destroyed by ignorance and profits for the military industrial entertainment complex. I too was an activist in the 60's, just back from a couple tours in the 'Nam and eyes wide open. Opened a coffee house in San Diego and was part of commune that published a couple of antiwar newsletters. Commie/socialist to the core. Years later sued the State of Washington over an old growth forest clear cut, won and have been told that because of this action, 300,000 plus acres have been put aside in preservation. Credentials are sometimes needed.

I know that there are many people who read this forum but would rather not take the chance of being bullied by the heavies who seem to have lots to say, self righteously. We all have a part of the truth and a part of a belief system created by fake news. I was lucky in Vietnam to have been stationed with another sailor who had been on the bridge of the USS Maddox that night when the attack never happened. This planted a huge seed of doubt that I have been digesting ever since, trying to make sense, find truth from 'fake news'.

Over the years of adventure and experience I gave up my ideas of socialism/communism and come to see the world through a different lens, trying to overcome my programming and understand a world that becomes more complex, confused and bizarre each day. I have worked on my judgements and certainly that I possessed the truth, following many of the web sites designated as 'fake news'. With age comes tolerance and sometimes wisdom, not a gift, but something hard fought for.

This article addresses the issue of 'fake news' http://journal-neo.org/2017/01/06/the-e ... fake-news/

I am curious why no one is talking about the content of the emails that were exposed, I believe that is what lost the election for the Dems - truth! I have been following the Clintons for years and voted more for the unknown than the known and WW3. The Clinton Foundation is the key. Why don't we talk about the 14 billion dollars stolen from the poorest people in the world (Haiti), selling our uranium to the Russians and the death rate associated with Bill and Hillary - the double standards all too clearly visible.

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall -- think of it, ALWAYS." ~ "Mahatma" (Great Soul) Gandhi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:05 am 
I can't speak to why others are not talking about the content of the exposed emails, but I can tell you why I am not: Clinton lost, and unless and until she tries to make a comeback of some kind, we are done with her. Until she sticks her head up again, it is less important that Bill Clinton sold the Democratic Party and the country to Wall Street and Hillary Clinton ratified the sale than it is to figure out what to do about it now. The clear and present danger is continued corporate control of both major parties and the narcissistic ignoramus about to move into the White House.

That is also why I am not belaboring how many people voted for whom. If someone wants to work on changing how presidents are elected, then work on that. What is the point of belaboring what happened if one is not working on fixing it?

AW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:04 am 
“I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.”
Thomas Jefferson

We can think of the election of Trump as a “little revolution” against the status quo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:44 am 
There was mentioned an event Sunday but I can't find it in the Calendar nor have I received a press release. The The People's Procession is in the Calendar, thanks Doyne, I republished it in the Press Release section.

Author: esthermelvin
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:10 pm 
This is FDR's complete sentence about fear in his 1932 Inaugural Address, which pertained to the depth of the financial depression at that time:

So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:26 pm 
Certainly seems appropriate to many of the posts in this string

Author: Nancy Kaminski
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:28 pm 
This Sunday's event, Jan 8, is the Earth2Trump Roadshow at Javalina coffee shop from 4:00 to 6:30pm.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:46 pm 
Thanks Nancy, hope it is in the calendar. Al, seems to me the commenters here are offering a number of ways to move forward (advance) rather than retreat through fear or just indifference or ignoring what Trump has done especially in encouraging certain negative mindsets.

Author: Kevin B
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:23 pm 
John, I'm the one who posted the note about the Earth2Trump march, but I included here without thinking about putting it elsewhere. It's probably too late now, it's tomorrow (Sunday). Should it have been put in "Issues and events that everyone should know about"?

Author: derek
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:35 pm 
Just a friendly reminder that we don't, and can't, vote against a candidate. Unless I missed that option on the ballot. As far as I can tell, we can only vote for someone/thing. And only 57.9% of eligible voters bothered to exercise their voting rights in the 2016 presidential election...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:58 pm 
Kevin, it is still not too late for the Calendar. Our 2,200 emails go out over a 20 hour cycle so the mail server isn't slammed. This is Grant County's largest and most viewed calendar. Many people who do not subscribe to the newsletter come to just look through the calendar. In addition to the calendar it could have been posted any number of places as every post goes out on the newsletter.