-Gila Region Community News, Calendar, Forum-

Reader Supported Silver City News & SW New Mexico, Grant County NM, Gila NF
* Login   * Register

* FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 7 hours

News     Columns     Food: Growing, Fixing     Features     Water     Health     Business     Education     DIY & How-tos     Classifieds     Forum     Home 

Silver City Food Coop

We Are Reader Supported
Your recurring contribution goes to support the Forum, Calendar, and Email List, which exists to further local, sustainable, place-based community.
MONTHLY RECURRING GIFT
    Bill Me Now For: $

ONE-TIME GIFT
Bill Me Now For: $

You may also mail a check or cash to
Moses Clark
PO Box 1792
Silver City, N.M. 88062

Get your ad here

Author ------ Message
 Author: rearnheart
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:15 pm 
This is no 'chicken little' moment. This is, to me, as dangerous as it gets. The following is the ver batim interview given by Donald Trump this Sunday morning, July 1:
"There has never been a base in this country like my base. I hope the other side realizes that they better just take it easy, because some of the language used, some of the words used, even some of the radical ideas, I really think that they're bad for the country. I think they're actually very dangerous for the country."[i][/

We must not let this threat go unanswered. There has to be someone in a leadership role in the Congress, in past government, in the military or in the clergy that should be screaming a warning. This behavior is not new. We have witnessed these acts by tyrants before and they have led to global catastrophe. Maxine Waters has had death threats. This is nothing new for a politician. But there has never been a politician in this country that has had [i]there own army
. ICE is now tasked to track down and deport those individuals whom they think should be 'de-nationalized.' Where are they getting the list of those individuals? From their neighbors? From the Trump fanatic at work?

I cannot stress how serious this is. I just finished reading my second book on Mussolini. It is the playbook for the takeover of a nation. He told the people who should govern them, who to hate and which ideas were a threat to the state. Only he saved the economy. Only he could 'make the trains run on time'. He made monuments to himself, to fascism and to celebrate the new Italy, the new Rome. Only he could do it, only he could bring back that which was Rome. The duke, il duche, the leader, the hero and savior of Rome.

He was found in the trunk of a car outside of Lake Como, shot by Walter Audisio, a local partisan. His body was beaten with claw hammers and pipes and was finally hung by its heels at an Esso gas station in Milan.

Walter Audisio was a hat maker and an accountant. He was a simple man.

r. earnheart

Author: JE1947
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:33 am 
Thanks, Richard. Mussolini was among the first to lead to Fascism. Trump is more Mussolini than Hitler. Buffonish but not so much Trump. Trump is simply a serious malignant narcissist with sadistic, sexual predatory tendencies. He is imposing his sadism on most he encounters now as the President of U.S. The states are not so united behind him. Whatever he wants, he thinks we just must follow along. Or, if anyone sticks out ... he attacks. This is because, I think, anything that has his mold on it, is or becomes an attack on HIM. So, as he declines in sanity, and he is, he attacks everyone. Treatment of other leaders is imperious. He is dangerous, as he is no longer in among "'adults'" in the room.'" Mexico's Obrador is a guy who may say: "No, we Mexicans are not your whipping posts." If the cartels are involved in the surge, if it is so, in "illegals presenting at border entry points," with children, then pay back is perhaps THIS WAY, and it is fraught with terrible abuse. If camps are set up for the 20,000 expected increase, won't we look pathetic in terms of "camps" that will invariably mean more tension, not less. Do we really want to have "camps" that become modern examples of how pitiful we want to look? I fear for this.

But, other nations should stick up for themselves. We've never had a President in modern times to serve as such a lightning rod for imposition of American will on other NATIONS.

It is imperative that those who opposed (resist) Trump, turn out in huge numbers at the next midterm.

HUGE NUMBERS.
Eagan

Author: rearnheart
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:41 am 
Amen, my friend. And if want to know how to contain this administration, I offer the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ElYP7BFsPY

Use it or lose it. capital V, capitol O, capital T, capital E.

boom.

re.

Author: Panther
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:45 am 
Good video Richard! Everybody please get involved this year and go over to the Democratic Party Headquarters on College Ave. next to Gila Hike and Bike. We have an awesome field organizer named Maggie Billings who can put you to work calling, canvassing, or helping out in the office. We could have an amazing congresswoman to replace Steve Pearce in CD2. Her name is Xochitl Torres Small. We could have the amazing Steve Fishchman in the PRC and he could help us start seeing renewable energy in New Mexico. We have a lot of good candidates including Karen Whitlock for NM House District 38 and Rudy Martinez for House District 39. Not to mention our own Howie Morales for Lt. Governor. Come help us win!!!!!! None of this will happen without your involvement and your vote.
Sincerely, Ann Lowe

Author: judithelise
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:08 pm 
I can vouch for Maggie Billings. She is super easy to work with and doesn't pressure you at all if you have limits on how much you can volunteer. She makes you feel welcome and excited about joining the effort to make a difference, both locally and nationally. I don't know about you all, but I tend to sit back and watch frozen in horror about what is happening to our country (not to mention our world). So getting active at the local level with the democratic party helps me feel like I can help affect change if even in the least little way. It's all of us together that will move mountains, no one alone can do it.

Author: conch1
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:03 pm 
An inspiring example of a group stepping up to the plate re: Kids in detention & separated

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-tampa/islamic-society-of-tampa-bay-offers-to-host-migrant-children-pay-for-transportation-costs