-Gila Region Community News, Calendar, Forum-

Reader Supported Silver City News & SW New Mexico, Grant County NM, Gila NF
* Login   * Register

* FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 7 hours

News     Columns     Food: Growing, Fixing     Features     Water     Health     Business     Education     DIY & How-tos     Classifieds     Forum     Home 

Silver City Food Coop

We Are Reader Supported
Your recurring contribution goes to support the Forum, Calendar, and Email List, which exists to further local, sustainable, place-based community.
MONTHLY RECURRING GIFT
    Bill Me Now For: $

ONE-TIME GIFT
Bill Me Now For: $

You may also mail a check or cash to
Moses Clark
PO Box 1792
Silver City, N.M. 88062

Get your ad here

Author ------ Message
 Author: rearnheart
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:12 pm 
On Jan. 1, I had a seizure. After going to GRMC and getting a CTscan it was determined that I had a brain tumor and I was flown to Las Cruces. The hockey puck size thing was removed from my head but things are shaky and will likely remain so for quite a while but i wanted to write and thank john crow and many others for their concern. It will be ok. Everything will. Trust me. I kissed death right on the lips and I know that everything, really everything will work out just fine.
Just keep living in love, try and be nice (I really know it's hard), and hug someone for fun out of the blue. They are closer to us than we will ever know.
Will talk soon. Maybe.
rearnheart
silver c

Author: Jill Steidl
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:56 pm 
Dear Richard,

I'm so glad you posted this, so that we can be thinking of you and sending you energy for healing. It sounds like its been a scary eventful week and that is likely an understatement. Don't know if you've read My Stroke of Insight. Its by a neuroscientist who had a stroke and her experience around that. While you didn't have a stroke your brain did definately experience a traumatic insult so it may be that her persepective on her recovery process would be helpful.

My love to you and Edwina. You know where I am if there is anything that I can do !

Jill

Author: Nancy Kaminski
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:22 am 
We are all very thankful that it was only a kiss and death decided to give you back to us. Your writing is a treasure and you would be terribly missed! My thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery.

Author: Bruce
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:39 am 
Thanks for shaking things up here over the years, and hope you'll be back to do it again.

Bruce

Author: Azima Lila Forest
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:56 am 
Heal well, Richard. I find close brushes with Death very conducive to the very state of mind you express. The English female saint Julian of Norwich said it this way: All is well and all is well and all will be well. Blessings!

Author: jef
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:51 am 
You know I love you, and you know where to find me if there is any teensy little thing either you or Edwinna need.
Elizabeth

Author: Allee Barr
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 pm 
Sending you wishes for swift healing and recovery. Allee

Author: Maureen
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:25 pm 
Richard, have always looked forward to your postings here and cheering you on, from my distant seat out in the county. Hope you have a rapid recovery and Happy New Year to you and Edwina. Maureen

Author: Layla
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:23 pm 
Sending you love and healing energy.Layla

Author: msauber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:53 am 
Richard,
Indeed, know that you are precious to many of us here. You and Edwinna are in my best thoughts.
Michael

Author: su11zy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:31 pm 
Richard,
You and Edwina are in my prayers.
Sue Pienciak

Author: reelmirage
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:19 am 
Richard,
HOLY CRAP, MAN!!! I go away for a couple of weeks and you fall apart??!! I can't go away from home without something big happening in this town. Were there headlines in the newspaper? "Richard has seizure"!! Knowing our local "newspapers" , they probably ran that headline and then wrote a story about how you busted a drug operation. OK OK, what was the catalyst for this little bump in the road? The Republican debates. You were laughing so hard you had a seizure? Were you so upset about the Internet censorship bills in congress that you totally lost it and had a seizure? Or was it something much simpler and much more profound, like Mitch discontinuing your favorite flavor of Gelato. Whatever it was you came through it. Though I have to say, that whole kissing death thing sounds like zero fun. I always imagined death with really bad breath so kissing him/her/it, would be the second worst thing that could happen.
I'm very happy that you are still amongst the living. It will afford me the chance to get to know you better. As you say "everything is going to be alright". After all, it always is.

Peace and Love, Chris Aquino